ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain R&D firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering technology and infrastructure related to Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin and more. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released Files, which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralizedÂ alternative toÂ cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
We are looking for a Client Relationship Manager to work within our Business Development team and manage relationships with our consulting clients. As Client Relationship Manager, you will report directly to our Head of Business Development while working closely with our Key Account Manager to bring in new business to our consulting division.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with new and existing clients throughout the deal cycle, from initial contact through to finalizing agreements (note: this is not a sales role).
- Oversee client onboarding, scheduling, quote generation, and contract creation for our consulting engagements and auditing division.
- Filter through and assess inbound queries and business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure smooth handoff and allow for ongoing communication with clients.
- Participate in regular internal BD meetings, and provide updates on progress.
- Support and work closely with our Head of Business Development to execute on our business development strategy for consulting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have: Solid understanding of the blockchain ecosystem and key players in it.
- 2+ years’ work experience, preferably at blockchain or software companies.
- Track record of building and maintaining client relationships.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Bonus points: Demonstrable knowledge of technical aspects of various blockchain projects.
- Bonus points: Experience with open source software.
- Bonus points: Experience working remotely.
- Collaborative - This role will require you to work closely with team members and external clients. As such, you must be highly collaborative, with strong interpersonal skills and stellar negotiation skills.
- Strong Networker - A lot of our work comes out of networking and person-to-person connections. You will need to be able to connect with a wide range of industry leaders, and should be highly skilled in deal building and business negotiation processes.
- Excellent CommunicatorÂ - This role is about building and managing customer and partner relationships, which means you must be skilled verbal and written communications.
- ResourcefulÂ - Currently, we have only a small team that works on BD who sometimes act as individual contributors. Because of that, it’s important to be able to do more with less, ruthlessly prioritize, and work independently on assigned tasks.
- Organized - This role requires you to keep track of the many moving parts and evolving relationships that make up our business development pipeline. As such, you’ll need to be a highly organized individual.
- Industry ExpertiseÂ - In order to effectively find and vet engagements, you’ll need to understand the company’s products and services inside and out, and must have sufficient technical knowledge to be able to propose high-level solutions to clients.
- We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit all the requirements. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Why join us
Founded by Developers for Developers, we foster an Agile environment where tasks are assigned based not just on what you know but what you want to learn. We offer fast opportunities for personal growth, mentorship, professional development funding, tons of autonomy and responsibility, a results-driven environment, close collaboration with an international team, exposure to a wide array of ecosystems and trailblazing technologies, and flexible work hours.
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
We care deeply about our values and look for these in every team member: A dedication to self-improvement and professional development; a commitment to community and collaboration; a drive for accountability, diligence, and autonomy; and above all fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas
At ChainSafe, diversity and inclusion is more than a statement; equality and accessibility are guiding principles embedded in who we are - and why we do what we do. We recognize the benefits of a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture, values, and day-to-day practices. We encourage women, LGBTQIA+ people, people of colour, and members of any other group underrepresented in the blockchain space (or tech in general) to apply.
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as competitive salary.
Salary will be determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, equity, and location, as well as alignment with market data
To apply for this position, please fill out the linked application form. Please attach your CV/resume as well as a link to your Github/Gitlab profile or some other software project you have contributed to.